Monday, June 02, 2008

Best question ever


I went to my daughters 1st grade class the other day to show them my artwork and how I make a children's book. First graders always come up with some of the funniest questions, mostly unrelated to artwork, and this time was no exception. One little girl was wiggling a loose tooth with a bloody paper towel in one hand, and franticly raising the other to ask me a question. I called on her and she said "I thought you hair would be blacker and that it would cover more of your head." What??? It was hilarious. I didn't know how to respond. Hey kid, I'm sorry that I'm a balding gray haired man. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I promise to try harder...frickin' kids today.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your pigs!! SOoo cute!!

Fulton Beal said...

Ha, sounds like my daughter! The other day she came up to me and said, "Dad, I know why mom's so skinny, she runs around at work. But you go to the office and sit on your butt all day, thats why your so fat."

Great pig drawings :)

Anonymous said...

Ah priceless.

Joe said...

That's what I thought when I met you...

Manelle said...

I'm laughing right out loud!

Julie Olson said...

Next time be ready with "Oh, I thought you'd be taller and have more teeth."

I like your likeness in the pig...less hair on top. :-)

Ms. Julie said...

That. is. awesome. :)

Stacy Curtis said...

That's the thing about school visits, you should always have at least one water balloon on hand.

Stacy Curtis said...

That's the thing about school visits, you should always have at least one water balloon on hand.

Sister Pottymouth said...

You're balding? Huh... I never knew. I just thought your hair was turning pink.

Love the pigs. Especially since little J-- snorts like one every time she cries.