Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gallery O' Terror- Frank (update)


I finished my Frankenstien painting. It turned out better than I thought it would. There was a time during the "ugly" stage that Frank about got trashed, but he pulled through. Why is he holding a piece of chicken? Beats me. It just happened to show up in the drawing. Everybody loves fried chicken, right? Anyway, the painting looks even better in my Frankenstien frame. I took a new frame and broke it into pieces. Then I bolted, screwed, nailed, wired the thing back together. It turned out pretty cool. If I can figure out where my camera went I'll take some pictures of it to post. Enjoy.



Okay, I found the camera. These aren't the best photos, but I think you get the idea. It looks better in person.


14 comments:

drono said...

this turned out really great! can't wait to see the frame

dalene said...

Oh how I love the Gallery of Terror!!!

Seth Hippen said...

Guy, this is great! This is one of my favorite takes I've seen on the monster. There's great contrast in the concept, and the chicken just adds so much to his story.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

I love him Guy!! He's awesome!
:)
e

Jennifer Darlington said...

I love him too and I LOVE how he is holding the chicken leg all dainty!!

LuckyRedHen said...

I made fried chicken for dinner tonight so you should give me that framed painting ;o) I suppose I still need to get you the Secksy picture first (dang photo lab). I love BLUE GIRL!

Cedricstudio said...

Great illustration. And the broken frame idea is a terrific touch!

Anonymous said...

I've always admired the way antiqued white cloth looks, and you nailed it (no pun intended). Love the frame too, very clever idea! Great job Guy!

Sam Reed said...

Wow nice framework. Very fitting. Looks great.

Unknown said...

WICKED AWESOME Halloween series!!

Ryan Wood said...

You're right, everybody likes fried chicken. It contrasts with his fine attire & eye spectacle. Very nice painting, I really like it. That frame is terrific!

Ken Chandler said...

You must be the most clever guy I know, Guy. Fantastic take on Frankenstein. Does he have a British accent? If so, that's cold chicken he's eating. Awesome frame!

Debra Cooper said...

Oh my gosh - this is so flippin cool! The illustration and the frame are completely fantastic. Your work is amazing. I feel privilaged to be able to see it.

SILVER KNIGHT said...

awesome-stein!!! what a great piece! =)